Monday, September 26, 2011

Daybook :: Sept. 26, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...beautiful, sunny skies. Not sure how long they will last but so enjoying them.

I am thinking...that there will be quite a bit of fall crafting and baking this week.

I am thankful...for a chance to skype with my hubby. Technology is a wonderful thing.

From the learning rooms...Last week of our first 6 week term. Beginning studies on Israel and the Civil War. Lots of lapbooking fun to look forward to.

In the kitchen...simple meals and leftovers with it being the middle of soccer season. And some freezer cooking too.

I am wearing...skinny jeans and a cozy, striped sweater. Oh, and my slippers. Our floors stay so cold.

I am creating...a scarf for my sweet girl. Plan
s for all the creating that will occur once the weather gets a bit colder.

I am going...to Girl Scouts today. And if I decide to brave it the education office to start on the journey to my degree in sociology.

I am wondering...what my hubby is doing at this moment. Missing him terribly this deployment.

I am reading...Half the Sky by Nicholas Kristof
and Sheryl WuDunn. So amazing and eye opening. I really encourage everyone to read it.
Rest by Keri Wyatt Kent. Sabbath is something we all need.

I am hoping...to enjoy some quiet time alone with God today. With three kids and being a "single" parent right now it gets difficult.

I am looking forward to...the kids soccer matches this saturday. Watching them play brings me so much joy.

I am hearing...the washing machine run and my sweet kids playing before our school day begins.

Around the house...there are some cleaning projects to work on. We are beginning our deep clean/purge before the beginning of our birthday/h
oliday season. (and cold and flu season too)

I am pondering...Our lives speak loudly to those around us, especially the children in our home. ~Billy Graham

One of my favorite things...a cup of black chai tea and dark chocolate during quiet time.

A few plans for the rest of the week:girl scouts, soccer, co-op, errand
s, cleaning

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Check out more at simple woman's daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your daybook entry for this month. What a darling group of smiles you've got posted! I hope your October goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete