Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yarn Along :: September 28


Knitting and reading are great ways to relax and I am so thankful for the time and ability to be able to do both. Lately I have been reading Half the Sky which discusses women's oppression. It's been so eye opening and has made me appreciate the freedoms that I have as an American. And as I knit my sweet girl her scarf thoughts and ideas on how to teach her compassion and thankfulness for her place in life swirl in my mind. Hopefully by the time the scarf is finished I will have some plans on how to instill a desire to serve and help those who are oppressed.

And if you have time check out more knitting tales over at Ginny's.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my girls would love the colors of that scarf! (But they wouldn't match their coats this year so I better not show them :) It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I started it in the purple and then remembered her winter coat is pink. So glad I had some pink yarn on hand.

    ReplyDelete