Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Abiding

Moving to a new country. A husband who is gone more often than not....with limited communication. Homeschooling three little ones. Dealing with the delays of baby boy. Two cars....both broken. Dishwasher....also broken. Not being able to help family in need since they live a world away. Struggling to find community and purpose.

Yet......

In it all Christ has been present. He has been good. Even in the midst of all the chaos He has provided for, nourished, carried me. Choosing to focus on the good, on His hidden purpose has changed my view on all the disappointment and pain. Digging deep into His Words and pouring my soul out in prayer has brought me closer to my Jesus than I ever was living my happy little life in America.

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassion never fails. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.'"
Lamentations 3:22-24

Waiting, trusting, holding fast in my faith to see what is next on this journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment