Sunday, October 2, 2011

Daybook :: October 2, 2011

FOR TODAY

Outside my window..beautiful sunny skies. No fall weather here. Yet.

I am thinking...of all that I want to get done and knowing that I need to guard myself against putting my to-do list ahead of my relationships with God and sweet family.

I am thankful...for God's grace. Oh, how I desperately need it.

From the learning rooms...nothing. :) Well, we are doing a lot of reading and watching some fun documentaries, but other than that we are on break. Next week we jump right back in for our second term.

In the kitchen...Lots of freezer cooking this week.

I am wearing...skinny jeans, a brown tank, and slippers.

I am creating...the cutest knit dolls. Also, a beautiful
MAKE board. (Pictures to come)

I am going...nowhere. We had church this morning and now we are spending the day at home relaxing. (and for mommy that means time on the computer since the rest of the week it's a toss up.)

I am wondering...how I can have two cars neither of which I can really drive at the moment. Definitely Murphy's Law at work. Whe
never hubby is gone it all devolves into chaos.

I am reading...still finishing Half the Sky. Need to peruse my reading list to see what to start next. Also started the ambitious goal of
reading the Bible in 90 days.

I am praying...for an easy fix for the car.
For my dear husband to be safe.
For strength to fight off the ugliness that in encroaching.

I am looking forward to...a simple dinner and a movie with the kids tonight. And a skype date with my bestie tomorrow.

I am hearing...a soccer match from the field down the road, the kids playing outside, and church bells.

Around the house...the deep cleaning has begun. Hopefully I can finish it all this week.

I am pondering...Only speak words that make s
ouls stronger. ~Ann Voskamp & Holley Gerth
For some more good reading on the subject this article was so very uplifting.

One of my favorite things...completing a new project that involved learning a new skill. Now to get to work on some more of those projects on my list.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Girl scouts, taking the car in to get fixed (ugh!), lots of soccer, co-op, crafting (yay for be
ing on our term break), and deep cleaning.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
oh, how I miss this man.
for more check out simple woman's daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment