Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hoping Moment by Moment

When life dumps on you it can be difficult to find God's purpose in all of the mess. Finding His goodness is something that at times I have to wait on. Now is one of those times. Between moving overseas, my husband deploying (again), incredible loneliness, and the dailyness of life it's difficult to remember that we have a hope, that God is there.

I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God has promised to care for me, to do good, to not harm me. Rather than choose despair, moment by moment I choose to hope in Christ, to wait on Him. Holding on to the hope that life will at some point improve requires me to immerse myself in Christ and His words. To give my anxiety over to Him, to wait on Him. Hoping is never easy, but it's so much easier than giving up and giving in to despair. So daily I am choosing Christ and the hope I have in Him.


1 comment:

  1. it was a silly movie, but there is truth in the title:

    hope floats

    it really does, particularly when our hope is in Him alone.

    and the waiting. an eternal sister reminded me a few weeks ago that waiting on the Lord is never passive. and in reading through a few of your posts i see that this is a truth that you know too (:

    i love reading the verses you've quoted here with Philippians 1:29 echoing in the recesses of my mind. i stop and i think of Christ and His life here (as we read in the four gospels). and i think of all that He has accomplished on my behalf, so that i may have life full - the abundance of Him (John 10:10), my eternal Vinedresser (John 15:1,5)

    i am so thankful that you are walking with Him. i pray that you continue to experience Him deeply, intimately.

    as Ann says... all's grace ((in Him alone))
    -t-

    ReplyDelete