Wednesday, November 30, 2011


Lists are my friend. Checking off to-dos makes me happy. Organization, schedules, carefully made plans are how I live my life. There are times when those ocd, perfectionist tendencies get in the way though.

Like when I make God another to-do. Or follow my plan rather than His because it feels safer. Or I think I am know better than He does what I need in my life.

That's when life smacks me upside the head and I have to cling desperately to Him, His plan, His purpose. So, I am learning that it is better to not plan. To prepare to meet God, to commune with Him I must let go.....of order, plans, perfection, to-dos, lists, schedules.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

In the letting go I am free of distraction, made ready to embrace what He has for me in the moment. His plans are good.



No comments:

Post a Comment