Sunday, November 13, 2011

Living in the Interruptions


This past week has been filled with appointments, illness, head injuries, and myriad other events beyond my control that threw my carefully ordered plans into chaos. Plans were cancelled, extra laundry had to be done, little ones had to learn hard lessons. Yet, in the midst of all the craziness our family spent much needed time together. We talked, laughed, rested. We got to just be.......no expectations, no agenda.

What I thought were huge interruptions to our life were actually a blessing. It allowed me to set aside the dailyness, the routine, the to-do's of life that I impose to fully enjoy my family and re-energize myself. It is yet another evidence of God's grace freely given to me as I learn to be wife, mama, woman who lives to please Him.

Some rhythm to daily life is good, but I think I am going to cherish the interruptions a bit more from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment