Friday, January 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday :: Vivid


One definition of vivid is this.......

perceived or felt with the freshness of immediate experience.

Normally life rushes by with me focusing on my problems, stresses, developed world issues. Then I read, hear, see a story about those who truly know what a difficult, suffering life is. I hear it in the words of our sponsored children. I see it in the videos on numerous news sites and blogs.

As the stories sink in my own selfishness, pride, arrogance become starkly vivid. Rather than moaning over the raised insurance rates or that heat was turned off for an oil refill I should be on my knees in gratitude to my Father for all He has given.

Daily His lavish love and grace for me become more and more vivid.

for more head to gypsymama.

2 comments:

  1. It is important to be thankful for what we have because even in our worst of times we may yet find what we need, if not what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am here through 5 minute Friday - thanks for this perspective, it is a good reminder to let settle in my heart :)

    ReplyDelete