Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Intentionally Slowing


Typically we scramble.....to get the chores done, finish school and meals, make it to practice and appointments on time. Constant hurry has stretched us thin. Exhaustion and illness rear their heads. Discontent with this life sets in.

But, there in the Psalms a gentle reminder. "Be still and know that I am God." And again, in Matthew. "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."

So a new practice is born. Schedules are reevaluated and to-do's are let go of. Pretty sure God doesn't care about the crumbs under my table as much as I do. We choose intentionally to slow, to let God direct our days.

And in the midst of the slowing beauty is found, relationship is deepened, life is peaceful and full.


2 comments:

  1. Erin, would love to know more about your process in this... I seem to keep adding things .... on the other hand I hardly ever dust or vacuum unless company's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne....not too much of a process. Just choosing to say no to the things I want (like a perfect, clean home or attending activities in the morning) and trying to focus more on relationship rather than routine or to-do. Hopefully I will get some more posts up with some practical thoughts.

    ReplyDelete