Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yarn Along :: March 21



Progress--finally! The front of the pillow is coming along so much quicker than the back. Pretty sure it's because there is so many color changes so I don't get bored like I did with the monotony of the back. Knitting with one color for 26 straight inches is a bit boring. :)

The colors are gray, lavendar, and a deep purple.

Simplicity Parenting is done. So much good stuff in it....especially the parts on soul fevers, finding rhythm for our days, limiting media.....that I am still pondering it. Now I am reading You're Already Amazing by Holley Gerth. Only a few pages in and I swear she is talking directly to me. Can't wait to get more into it.


For more inspiration head to small things.

7 comments:

  1. Your pillow is going to be lovely Erin.
    I think I am one of the few who hasn't read Simplicity Parenting, but I do like the part you mentioned about limiting media and finding a rhythm in our days.
    Have a lovely yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pillow - really nice combination of colours :) Glad the front is coming along faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pillow-- the colors are soothing. Will you stuff it or use a form? I can't wait to see it. I will look up Holley Gerth book because I am sure if she is speaking to you she is speaking to me as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on using a form...if I can find one. Finding some items here in Germany is a bit of a chore at times. :)

      And over at incourage they are starting a virtual book club for You're Already Amazing if you wanted to check it out.

      http://www.incourage.me/category/bloom

      Delete
  4. You've got to be relieved to get to the stripes - and the colors are lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pretty stripes! I am glad it is more interesting for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for the kind words. The pillow was supposed to be for my little girl, but I am finding that I love the combination of colors so this one may become mine. Guess I better plan her color pattern for hers now. :)

    ReplyDelete