Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yarn Along :: April 25

the blue yarn is my daughter's and the ball of tan is for the sweater
though that was a pretty non gender specific color

Well, I finished the first square for Knit-a-Square and decided on the yarn I am going to use to knit the first sweater for Knit for Kids. And in some spare moments I began teaching my daughter to knit. She loves to create and talk to this seemed like a good way to spend some one on one time.

Still haven't finished my books that I started a while back mainly because I tired of non-fiction. So, for some variety I decided to reread The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Such an engaging read and a nice break. Maybe this weekend I will finish up those last few bits of the other books I have going.

Head to small things for some more inspiration. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving me a comment! I'm on a green kick right now...seems most everything I want to knit or crochet is in one shade of green or another.

    You are so right about that one-on-one time! I've been teaching my 11 yr. old daughter, too.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing the yarn to use in a project is always the hardest part for me! Thanks for posting the link to knit a square--I would love knit up a few! That's great you are teaching your daughter and that is such a nice age to teach--they soak up all that one on one time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you are thinking of knitting up some squares. They have patterns for pullovers too. As much as I love knitting for my family it's so fulfilling to knit for those who are desperately in need.

      Delete
  3. What is The Historian about? Sounds interesting. Love your blog! Will be following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about Vlad Dracula. Normally I am not a fan of vampire fiction, but this came out way before twilight and is very history based. Really good read.

      And thanks for following!

      Delete