Thursday, May 3, 2012

Five Minute Friday :: Real

Real is not the image you see on the blog. Or in facebook status updates. The polished, life-is-perfect, I have it altogether woman who steps out this front door is not real.

My two year old doing construction in the dining room. 

It's an image.

The real is the messy house; the teething, not sleeping little ones (which means not sleeping mama); the fight to make a marriage work when your best friend is gone a majority of the time; the heartbreaking loneliness of trying to find that niche, those friends that know you better than you know yourself; the sweat pant days.

Real isn't always pretty or fun or nice. But it's life in all it's beautiful glory. And rather than try to keep up an image I think I'll choose real. It's so much less work. Well, until it's time to clean up the mess.


joining up at gypsymama

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, yes, this IS real . . . what so many do not see . . . and I can relate to so much! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all beautiful glory... thanks for the reminder! glad I came over from gypsy mama tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the perfect way to describe real. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Real isn't always pretty or fun or nice. But it's life in all it's beautiful glory." So true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my house, even including that "hearbreaking lonliness," I've felt it often. And your picture reminds me of what my kids do to my floor too. And real is learning to let them have fun as long as they're not causing permanent damage, and bring out the broom when they're done!

    ReplyDelete