Saturday, May 5, 2012

Knitting for Good


Caring for the needs of those who live with less, in poverty, in persecution is a deep passion of mine. Yet, being home with my children, educating them is another passion. I struggle to balance the two and find ways to serve, to give. Many times it feels as though there is nothing that I will ever do that will make a difference. A big difference.

Only, Christ doesn't call us to do it all, to solve all the problems of the poor. We are just to serve, to care, to give.

And so I knit. There are sweaters, squares, bears. So many simple, easy ways for me to make both passions work together. Those handmade items may seem small to me, but to those who are cold or lonely or naked they are life changing.

It may be a small thing, but it matters to the one.

part two in a series 
part one here

{for some inspiration in what to knit you can also check out the books Knitting for Peace and Craft Activism)

No comments:

Post a Comment