Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yarn Along :: May 23

It's been a crazy couple of weeks with life not going as planned. So I found some sanity in knitting and reading this past week. Definitely the best way to calm oneself.


The front part of the sweater is ready for me to start on the sleeves. It's a simple pattern that I am able to knit while doing pretty much anything. And I finally cast on for a sleeveless pullover for myself. It is also a pretty simple pattern so I can just mindlessly knit on it too while traveling around playing tour guide to the parents.

As for reading I finished Radical and loved. Such a convicting book and it has really challenged my thinking on what real faith is. Now I am reading Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food. Seeing how far America has gone from real food is rather scary. Really engaging read. And I am reading Knitting for Peace. It is making me want to go out and buy all the yarn to complete every project in the book. Should probably finish all my other ones first though.

For more inspiration head to small things.

4 comments:

  1. I love mindless knits! Your yarn is gorgeous. I especially love the blue/green one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting for Peace has some great inspirations knits in it-can not wait to see what inspires you. I love your wool colors. A pullover for yourself--how wonderful. I would love to knot which pattern you discovered that has no sleeves. Sleeves always take so long to knit....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the chicks with sticks guide to knitting. It is a simple shell. Hoping to get it up on ravelry soon....it just keeps getting shoved to the bottom of the to-do list. :)

      Delete
  3. I really love the blue/green yarn! So many great patterns in that book! I think I bought it for the afghan in the back and ended up making several other things instead! What did you pick????????

    ReplyDelete