Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Minute Friday :: See

The parents are visiting. We have spent the time traveling around Europe and reminiscing. As we have done these things my eyes have been opened.

I am seeing for the first time how Americans are perceived in many places overseas as I watch my parents travel.

I am seeing how very different our views of the past are and how some continue to hold tight to the hurt and mistakes.

I am seeing how I have become my own person, with my own identity and views from my parents.

It has been saddening and freeing at the same time. Seeing the growth away from what I was raised in is scary, but it opens me to so much.....more beauty, chances, culture, relationship, life.


joining up at gypsy mama

1 comment:

  1. I understand this. I love how our perspectives can change, especially when it is God helping us see different. He does this, to change us, stretch us and lead us. What we focus on develops.

    Bless you, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete