Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Yarn Along :: June 27


For a bit of change from the sweater I cast on for a baby blanket for a dear friend back home. It's an easy knit that I can take to the park or wherever now that we are actually having some warm weather. The sweater also got a little love this week too. It's just a bit monotonous after a while.

In other knitting news I am attempting to find some patterns for some Christmas projects that I want to start. I am pretty much the slowest knitter so if I start now they should be done by December right? Anyway, does anyone have some good patterns for a monster and an owl? 

As for reading, I finished up 7 and was so impacted. Great book. Now I am reading Changeling and Fast Living. And bits of Educating the WholeHearted Child....good inspiration for planning out our school year. 

Have a lovely week!
 joining in with small things

7 comments:

  1. It is the perfect time to start Christmas Knitting. What a clever idea. Off the top of head-- for a monster: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/minions and an owl: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/big-snowy-owl
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/owl-puffs (FREE)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely have to check these out.

      Delete
  2. That is great you are thinking about Christmas knitting. I always leave projects till the last minute, sigh! Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about Christmas already too! Happy knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering about Changeling, how is it? Christmas knitting is a thought for me too ... need more time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changeling was ok....it was a different type of book than she normally writes. And I didn't realize until I picked it up from our library that it is young adult fiction. (or at least they classified it that way) But for a light summer read it was pretty good. I will probably end up reading the rest of the series as it comes out.

      Delete
  5. Yay for easy knits! It's a good time of year for them.

    ReplyDelete